Monday, November 20, 2023

1121

I bought sorrel last week. So here's my 2023 sorrel mosaic.

Cutting Sorrel

Being an empty-nester i do not make a fuss about Christmas anymore. But i do hold on to that one tradition of making sorrel. 

I have been giving my granddaughter for the past few years, a bottle of sorrel, since she is old enough to drink it and like it. She is 11 this year. 

And outside of the fact of being an empty nester, my adult daughter and son are  peculiar eaters. No meat, peculiar about which carbs they intake etc etc. So there you have it. Christmas for me now is about the music, church, sorrel, and online poetry friends.

thankful for memories 

toys and children's loud voices - 

cutting sorrel

© gillenacox 2023

 My sorrel recipe HERE

BLOG HOPPING TODAY WITH
Prompt 



REVISIT TO READ


ENJOY THE MUSIC 
Our 2023 Season of 100 Days of Christmas
 hosted by our Radio Station Sweet 100.1 FM is in ongoing.
❧✿❧
 
THIS IS MONDAY WRITES 421
HELLO! NOVEMBER
You've heard about the Monday Blues 
well this is Monday WRites  (musing on the definition here of rite, as any customary observance for eg the rite of afternoon tea).

verses


20 comments:

  1. ...sorrel is new to me, thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you dropped by Tom

    Muchđź–¤love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most interesting post. Is sorrel from the mint family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorell is from the hibiscus family. Thanks for dropping by Dwight
      Muchđź–¤love

      Delete
  4. May you continue to enjoy making Sorrel for many Holiday seasons to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though I like herbs, sorrel is new to me. I found they are sold only online shops in my country. Keep smiling, keep tradition of cooking with sorrel.
    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never known about sorrel as a drink; i looks nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your haibun. Sounds like you have trimmed Christmas traditions to the ones truly worth keeping, Gillena. Glad to have you as an online poetry friend!♥️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your appreciation Dora

    Muchđź–¤love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting. I have heard of sorrel but I did not know it was used for making a beverage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for dropping by Linda

    Muchđź–¤love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some Caribbean food is available in Washington but I've never drunk sorrel. Cheers, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Priscilla

      Muchđź–¤love

      Delete
  12. That`s new for me, Gillena. I must try this recipe. But it is difficult to get sorrel.

    Happy MosaicMonday

    Thank you so much being part at
    MosaicMonday

    Have a fine week. Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy you dropped by Heidrun

    Much đź–¤love

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so well written, Gillena, and you've taught me something new too!

    Much love,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your appreciation David.

    Muchđź–¤love

    ReplyDelete