Thursday, February 3, 2022

886

At the library near me, the Valentine's Day reading incentive is 'A Blind Date With A Book' There are books wrapped, with a few words printed on the package to allow for ease in  choosing.  The above photo shows my choice.  When i opened my package, the book i got is  'All Up In My Business' a novel by Lutishia LovelySo there you have it, my February reading. Borrowers are also allowed the gift of an event  book mark.
a book to enjoy 
with clear skies on a warm day -
a page slowly turned
© gillena cox 2022


BLOG HOPPING TODAY WITH

❧✿❧

REVISIT
20200203

26 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. Wished my library did that. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Gillena you are definitely a poet. I have long agreed with that. Just today I was thinking what can I do with so many books I would love to pass on to others. That's wonderful thinking on behalf of your library. Yes, I like that "page slowly turned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, Gillena. Librarians can be very creative. I hope you enjoy your date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting idea! A great haibun. I hope you enjoy your book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful idea from the library Gillena, making a lovely haibun..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by Ain

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a great way to encourage the reading habit - to make it like a game!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for dropping by Hank

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gawd, don't you just love books and libraries?!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 😊Thanks for dropping by Yvonne

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a lovely lovely idea! Hope you have a wonderful reading experience Gillena 💝💝

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute idea!! I keep telling myself I'm going to buy a hammock to lay outside on a beautiful day with my book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for dropping by Dana

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  14. My library has done "Blind Date with a Book," too! I always love it. Unfortunately, the library is currently closed for renovations; otherwise, they might have offered it this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for dropping by Jenna

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a lovely idea and a great haibun, Gillena.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for dropping by Punam

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete