Monday, January 31, 2022

885


versesCopy this code, pin my button to your blog


❧✿❧
Welcome to Monday WRites # 334
You've heard about the Monday Blues ❧✿❧well this is  Monday WRites  (musing on the definition here of rite, as any customary observance for eg the rite of afternoon tea). 
Goodbye dear January.

❧✿❧
A Winter Vacation Remembered

She calls me out; my sister,  to "see something." Not knowing what, i comply. The door is slightly opened enough for a cold draft to swing its way in. 

The scene before me is a snow globe. No,  not a snow globe; but all the little snow globes in the world, gathered together to perform a whirling dance.

Wow! What a sight. Awesome is the correct and very apt word for this first time spectacle to a warm blooded woman, from a hot sunny Caribbean island. 

The only whiriligig i know is leaves dancing in a burst of enthusiastic breezes. Leaves of all shapes colours both green yellow and brown. And its not an autumn scene. Its an ordinary Caribbean Dry season happening. 

So there i am with Ohhs eluding my throat escaping my lips. My eyes opened wide in wonder.

first time seeing snow -
a handful of flakes caught
a surreal feeling
© gillena cox 2022

❧✿❧


Today's mosaic 'From My Cherry Tree'

❧✿❧



34 comments:

  1. I love seeing your cherry tree! I hope the fruit didn't freeze here in Florida this week when we had a cold night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm Wishes Diane. No chance of freezing here in sunny Trinidad🇹🇹

    Happy you dropped by

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lived my whole life with at least some snow in winter. I cannot imagine liveing without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ...that was beautiful Gillena, charming, fun, innocent, sensual...that line, the ônly thing I know, was so poignant

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous retelling of your first time experiencing snow! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your appreciation Frank

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is incredibly sweet, Gillena. Thanks for sharing.

    Much love,
    David [ben Alexander]
    http://skepticskaddish.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can only imagine being from a warm climate and seeing snow for a first time. It must seem absolute magic! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your appreciation Bev

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love snow, for one day maybe — then it’s fine with me if it goes away. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  11. 😊 happy you dropped by Rob

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can imagine the wonder at first experiencing a snowfall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would imagine it would be surreal! The moment it well caught in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gillena, I like the wonder you describe seeing snow with. I remember the first time I took my oldest son out into the snow. Recently my younger son took his baby daughter out into it and his wife captured it on video. Precious memories, all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh, yes that must have been an amazing sight!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your appreciation Marlon

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  17. Snow really is funny stuff when you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful poem of you, Gillena 👏👏👏 Thank you for sharing. It inspire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Heidrun

      Much❤love

      Delete
  19. Gillena - we are living in a snow globe right now, so your poem is perfect! Love the mosaic of your cherry tree! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for your appreciation Angie

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for dropping by Monica

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this, Gillena! there's nothing like seeing a true wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for your appreciation Sara

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete