Thursday, September 10, 2026

1447

[photo courtesy dVerse Poets Pub]
However Love
The bamboo patch was their backdrop,
He swore he adored her,
She was a bit skeptical,
However,
She let him kiss her hand,
The flowers were fresh and perfumed,
Tied in a pretty bouquet,
She didn't expect this gift,
He thought she deserved it,
Sweetly sang birds,
In the plum blossom.
gillena cox 2026


Blog Hopping Today With



9 comments:

  1. Gillena, I like the way you short-formed it. Love is just right when it is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sweetly sang birds,
    In the plum blossom."

    I love how you closed this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by, Ken

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. The art of courtship! Love this, Gillena.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh so sweet. Reminded me of the courtship times... after 12 years of living together I don't even think about it much anymore... Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Gillena. Glad I could comment again!

    ReplyDelete