However Love
The bamboo patch was their backdrop,
He swore he adored her,
She was a bit skeptical,
However,
She let him kiss her hand,
The flowers were fresh and perfumed,
Tied in a pretty bouquet,
She didn't expect this gift,
He thought she deserved it,
Sweetly sang birds,
In the plum blossom.
gillena cox 2026


Gillena, I like the way you short-formed it. Love is just right when it is here.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your appreciation, Lisa
DeleteMuch love
I agree with Lisa, Gillena. Short and sweet.
DeleteThanks for your appreciation, Kim
DeleteMuch love
"Sweetly sang birds,
ReplyDeleteIn the plum blossom."
I love how you closed this.
Thanks for dropping by, Ken
ReplyDeleteMuch love
The art of courtship! Love this, Gillena.
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by, Dora
DeleteMuch love
I love the ending!
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by, JH
DeleteMuch love
Ahh so sweet. Reminded me of the courtship times... after 12 years of living together I don't even think about it much anymore... Lovely poem.
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by, Reelika
DeleteMuch love
Beautiful, Gillena. Glad I could comment again!
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by, Dwight
DeleteMuch love
That sounds like love may be blooming.
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by, Björn
ReplyDeleteMuch love
Gillena, I really like this one! 💙
ReplyDeleteThanks for your appreciation, Punam
ReplyDeleteMuch love