Thursday, October 17, 2024

1220

[images courtesy deVerse Poetry Pub]

A CROWDED CANOPY

Dropstop the bird songs

They twitter on and on

As if the dawn were their platformstage


Who told them to singtwitter

Witholding butterflysundaes

Under a crayonscrawled canopy

Called sky

© gillena cox



YOU AND ME

We friends know each other's language,

You say hello i offer a guage,

Of your mood and the scent of sage,

Drifting into my cage,

Coming from your kitchen, age

Old altar of  skiful mage

© gillena cox

QUADRILLE - LIGHT

By light of sky's dawn

I pocket my yawn

Drag one plastic chair onto the lawn

I have no desire to be a fawn


The say it will be a supermoon

Were i in love i would swoon

For some love ends too soon 

© gillena cox


BLOG HOPPING TODAY WITH



REVISIT TO READ



OCTOBER IS CALYPSO HISTORY MONTH
 IN TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

ENJOY THIS CALYPSO 
BY LORD KITCHENER (1922 –2000)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Gillena! Your keening words are wonderful .. they literally sang to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your appreciation Helen

    Much♡love

    ReplyDelete