Thursday, July 13, 2023

1067

[the 'rock' in today's photo is a painted stone i did about 5 years ago with my granddaughter, she is 10 now. She took her painted stone home. i kept mine 😊]
1
just because its fun, he stacks rocks as a hobby
some people call him, rockman from lonely corner
 how cruel i think; is this twenty twenty three
or have we reversed;  to a time of backwardness
© gillena cox 2023


2
THROUGH TIME AND SPACE
hungry rocks eat the gemstones; and time vapors thin
old days are lived on one side;   what's past now present
through rocks guarding the gateway; who then will return
can love transport through portals; rocks thin as magic
© gillena cox 2023

# [for this second one, the inspiration is from a Netflix series i viewed a while back titled The Outlander]




BLOG HOPPING  TODAY WITH

MBT: Rocking the imayo

 [challenge : to write an imayo themed rock; 4 lines of 12 syllables with 7/5 portions]


REVISIT

22 comments:

  1. Cool stone and keepsake for precious time spent with your granddaughter. This line is truly magical:
    "can love transport through portals; rocks thin as magic"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your appreciation Lisa

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting pair! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Dwight

      Much💜love

      Delete
  4. Great poems! I am still finding inspiration for my own Rock poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such precious memories, The first man made me think of how we always believe we evolve as humans, but may the regression we sometimes see is just a return to the core of bad human nature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your appreciation Björn

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Painting rocks is great fun and they must be kept forever! Your rockman reminded me of the popularity of rock gardens when I was growing up, usually adorned with alpine plants. I love your Outlander Imayo – I was a huge fan and watched every series until they moved it to a channel I don’t subscribe to. I’ve yet to find a standing stone that acts as a portal, and I’ve seen quite a few around the British Isles and Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely poems, Gillena. Sometimes people leave painted rocks at the park where I walk.I'm not an Outlander fan, but I can imagine those giant rocks as portals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your appreciation Merril

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does sometimes seem that there are people trying to reverse time to an earlier era. That was a fun project to do with your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Sallie

      Much💜love

      Delete
  11. Dear Gillena, your poem about the rockman gives me food for thought. I actually believe that we (humanity) are moving backwards. Much that has already been achieved gets lost again.
    The Outlander - I love the series and also the books!
    All the best and have a nice Sunday, Traude
    🌸🌿❤️🌿🌸
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/07/costa-rica-13-kapitel-osa-peninsula.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your appreciation Traude

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  13. My choice today is your second poem. That's because of subject matter, stacked rocks impress me greatly.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gillena, your poems are both so lovely ... so often it's the most simple things in our lives that touch us ... as your first poem so beautifully illustrates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Helen

      Much💜love

      Delete
  15. magic poem like a rock....
    Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your appreciation Rainbow

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete