Wednesday, January 25, 2023

1006

[image from google]

REMEMBERING DEE

 Cinnamon and cloves i think of her

Chives and thyme also call her to mind

At Saturday market she was a seller

Cinnamon and cloves i think of her

Her ground cocoa beans never a failure

In a small hand mill she would grind

Cinnamon and cloves i think of her

Chives and thyme also call her to mind

REMEMBERING DEE © gillena cox 2023


BLOG HOPPING TODAY WITH
Grandmothers… 
Sarah asked us to writing about grandmothers. 
My Grandmother, my father's mother, we called her Dee 😊


8 comments:

  1. This is lovely - the form is very skilfully done. I've seen a lot of food-linked memories for this prompt - this one is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Smells take me back to my grandma too - pinks, sweet peas, early summer mornings, lake-scent........sigh. I love your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many things are about scents when you remember someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your appreciation Björn

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strong memories fondly recorded...I enjoyed your triolet about your grandmother, Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your appreciation Lynn

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete