Monday, May 16, 2022

927

image courtesy dVerse

To sleep and then again to 
Cast nets beyond waves of 
 Ebbing tide 

 Surely dreams are the catch 
Of midnight moons
 Napping above

 Those lost portions of bread 
And salt fed as bait of days 
Refusing return 

 Be amused at slumber 
Drawing curtain of dawn
© gillena cox 2022

❧✿❧
Visit with my Book Club to The Wild Fowl Trust at Point a Pierre; all photos taken March 2012. Photos first posted at my blog Lunch Break March 24 to 28th 2012

Welcome to Monday WRites # 349

You've heard about the Monday Blues ❧✿❧well this is  Monday WRites  (musing on the definition here of rite, as any customary observance for eg the rite of afternoon tea). 



If you have a Monday post at your blog you can share at the linky. There is no prompt. All that's required is that your post is a Monday post


versesCopy this code, pin my button to your blog


❧✿❧ 
A Jigzone puzzle to fit online (6 pieces)Click to Mix and Solve
BLOG HOPPING TODAY WITH

AND


SHARE A MONDAY POST

29 comments:

  1. What a lovely place to visit! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by Diane

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly like the bread cast on the water. It made me wonder about the gifts we give the world, expecting nothing in return. I love the flow of this poem. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Sarah

      Much💛love

      Delete
  4. I love a sleep with so much meaning...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful images in this poem, Gillena! I love "Surely dreams are the catch
    Of midnight moons" (among others). 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Merril

      Much💛love

      Delete
  6. "Be amused at slumber
    Drawing curtain of dawn"
    Beautiful imagery, Gillena. 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Punam

      Much💛love

      Delete
  7. Gillena the more I read your verse the more I get out of it, the more I like it...lovely one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your appreciation Ain

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your advice of being amused at slumber. It's like going to the amusement park every night. I know now that even if things get freaky, I can still leave the park any time I choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊thanks for your appreciation Lili

      Much💛love

      Delete
  10. The baiting of sleep is such a perfect image, as I have such a long routine to try and get to bed each evening. I enjoyed your musings very much, Gillena.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully done, Gillena - casting out for sleep is such a wonderful image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Marion

      Much💛love

      Delete
  12. A beautifully rendered poem, Gillena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Lynn

      Much💛love

      Delete
  13. Great poem. So many beautiful lines, but I especially liked the first stanza. It really pulled me into the piece. Lovely Gillena.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Arcadia

      Much💛love

      Delete
  14. I do think the moon catches our dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the idea of dreams catching midnight moons!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gillena - a beautiful poem. We are heading to Grand Cayman tomorrow - looking forward to sun and sand! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely poem – you have a way with words. I especially like the second and the last stanzas. The places in the mosaic look so nice.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful poem Gillena! Love the fishing metaphor!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for your appreciation Dwighg

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gillena, this is so good!

    I especially liked this:

    "Those lost portions of bread
    And salt fed as bait of days
    Refusing return"


    Sincerely,
    David [ben Alexander]
    http://skepticskaddish.com/

    ReplyDelete