Thursday, February 10, 2022

889

[Untitled (Landscape with Butterflies), c.1956by Dali at Wikipaintings]

 

WE THREE MAY BE SHADOWS

When i take out the garbage in the night

My shadow and i become three pass by

Then three again  in a returning sight

Why are we three you may ask of me why


Tis because of two night lights  beamed next door 

My two shadows and me play at dramas

It's time for my bath when i've done this chore

I snuggle into comfy pajamas


Where are those shadows they've both run away

When did they run off can you tell me when

Is it because i didn't asked them to stay

They are going to make me lose my zen


Morning sun comes and nighttime moon follows

Chores to be done within all these hours

© gillena cox 2022


BLOG HOPPING TODAY WITH


20 comments:

  1. a lovely sonnet about your personal intriguing shadows Gillena (I guess you chose not to go the full hog on the Shadow sonnet form)
    and hope you have a very Happy Birthday tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonneteriffic,G! Love the shadowpals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, Gillena!

    -David [ben Alexander]
    http://skepticskaddish.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your appreciation David

      much💖love

      Delete
  4. This is wonderful Gillena. Excellent write. You and I both swerved away from the full shadow sonnet thing. And HAPPY 72nd BIRTHDAY my friend! 😀🎂🎉🥂. In 7 days, on the 18th, I turn 75. My son just turned 44 last Sunday, the 6th. Guess some pretty special folk born in February 😉👍🏼. You have a great birthday, ✌🏼❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha!...Your two shadows sound a bit naughty to me.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your appreciation Ain

    much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your take on the sonnet, Gillena, made me smile! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your appreciation Tricia

      much💖love

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed your sonnet. It made me smile! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your appreciation Dwight

    much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful sonnet! I loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder if our shadows are there even if we can't see them...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your appreciation Kerfe

    much💖love

    ReplyDelete