Tuesday, September 14, 2021

839

dragonfly image from google

 A BEAUTIFUL DRAGONFLY

Who will question your diaphanous wing,

And wonder wither does your flights to fancy be.

Are there bird songs that you too wish to sing?

Will the dawn wait a  lazy sun to be.

As day lights azure clearest of blue sky,

Mocks such clear patterns mirrored through thine,

A cathedral of stain glass windows sigh,

Weight of suffering impassioned  to wine.

Oh stay! that I might ask questions of you,

For truly you distance by so quickly,

Zipping by from air anywhere  perched to,

Allow passersby to watch lovingly.

You know beauty lies in those admiring eyes.

You know yourself for their contentment lies.

  A BEAUTIFUL DRAGONFLY© gillena cox 2021

BLOG HOPPING TODAY WITH

REVISIT

25 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute poem to the dragonfly. I read somewhere that their vision is really good. I like how you said the dragonfly,
    "Allow passersby to watch lovingly."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your apprecoation Lili

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful sonnet, and gentle rocking of the prompt. Your spacing got me lost for a bit, from stanza to stanza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for drlpping by Glenn

      Much💖love

      Delete
    2. Umm Glen, you are right. I adjusted the punctuation at Lines 6 and 8. for a smoother flow from stanza to stanza. Thanks for your nudge.

      Much💖love

      Delete
  4. ☺thanks for dropping by Ron

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully woven, Gillena! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by Ingrid

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, they do seem to hover so we can admire them. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for dropping by Jane

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gillena,
    Such a symphony of imagery and thought! Wonderful.
    pax,
    dora

    ReplyDelete
  10. A delicate and delightful sonnet, Gillena!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me with the first line. Love the word "diaphanous".

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love dragonflies... just the other day there I saw a lot of them at nearby pond.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy you dropped by Björn

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Gillena! I almost turned to the dragonfly, but chose the butterfly instead. I used the word diaphanous in my piece as well. Great minds think alike… 😉🙂

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seems like the past couple of summers I saw dragonflies more often. Perhaps I just noticed more. They are beautiful, and this is a lovely tribute to them, Gillena.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is wonderful, Gillena, and I enjoyed your reading at OpenLinkNight LIVE. I rescued a dragonfly from the water just hours before I heard/saw your reading, and your poem has inspired me to write a prose poem about my experience.
    https://rivrvlogr.com/2021/09/17/sunlight-savior-prose-poem/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful!!!
    Happy you dropped by Ken

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete