Monday, January 9, 2017

Monday WRites 91


[image from google dot com]

A JANUARY NOTE
Paper calendars, of pictures pretty,
Pinned to spaces, on the walls,
Be they wooden or be they walled;

Unblemished fruit and vegetables,
Sunsets and sunrises in radiant hue,
Quotes of inspiration, quaint and wise

Shape of moon, and festivals tide
Adding decor to count of days
A JANUARY NOTE © gillena cox 2017

verses

Copy this code, pin my button to your blog

You've heard about the Monday Blues ❧✿❧ well this is Monday WRites (musing on the definition here of rite, as any customary observance or practice eg the rite of afternoon tea).
Welcome to Monday WRites #91, ❧✿❧ What's your mood like today ❧✿❧ I invite you to link in with one of your WRites



Will Link to
Imaginary Garden With Real Toads
The Tuesday Platform


[image from google dot com]

❧✿❧


22 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Hope that New Year brings with it new beginnings as well as blessings ❤️ Happy Monday, Gillena 🍸


    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping in Sanaa

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Unblemished fruit and vegetables"... What a yummy image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to have multiple calendars--not only are they decorative, but they cover up any stains or holes in the wall. (And I need to find myself some tape dispensers like those--lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy every calendar day Gillena!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very fond of a new calendar in January. Starting afresh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Gillena! Lovely to begin anew with a fresh calendar. Enjoyed your poem! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Kerry - love starting a new calendar in January! The old one having been so BUSY! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice new calendar to start off the year does bring to mind all the possibilities waiting for us. Just like that fruit you describe the new year is unblemished and ready to be explored.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually I read that in this days of going digital calendars are selling better and better... There is joy in that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your calendar poem, Gillena. The obtaining of the new ones and the hanging of the new ones have been a ritual of my family since we started it. I could tell stories, but won't. Except to say that for us it's "like father, like son." Dad had at least twelve showing each month of the year and then quite a few of his favorites, all hanging prettily in his office.
    On my other blog I started with a picture of my most precious, a classic NAPA car calendar of this same kind, collected since the 70's. I am missing the first edition. One of my December posts there was also a new calendar, different from the NAPA one. Come peek.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Surely Grapeling,

      thanks for dropping by

      much love...

      Delete
  13. Those tape dispensers are hilarious! Not sure I could use the tape coming out of them. :) I like this poem, it seems almost wistful for being organized and optimistic at the start of a year... already past, that feeling, at least for me. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Marian

      much love...

      Delete