Saturday, January 7, 2017

342


[image from google dot com]

CURTSY
It was dark enough to hear the clip clop of horses
Creeping into my night-stroked heart;

How could he?
Oh cruel fate!

I wore my petticoats, layer upon layer,
Saving myself for him alone;

Yet now, the ladies at the ballroom huddle
Together, whispering about
His new conquest, curtained, with rouged cheeks
In back of the hansom.
CURTSY © gillena cox 2017


Blog hopping today in response to a photo prompt:
Fireblossom Friday:

Escape To The Past

Imaginary Garden With Real Toads



lyrics in English

8 comments:

  1. I thought it was miss Havishham.. the green pebbles of my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😁 No: not Great Expectations. She remains nameless for now

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her trouble was it wasn't her in the Hansom. A neat one horse vehicle, new to me. Neat poem too, she was open for a downer, you wrote that insinuation in right from the start.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Jim

      Happy New Year

      much love...

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year Fireblossom.

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete