Monday, September 12, 2022

962

[image courtesy dVerse poetry]

WHAT MORE

Botanical gardens are a delight. I have visited  Trinidad's, Tobago's,  Grenada's, and Barbados's. I have also been to  The Kew Gardens in London. Too few places for my avid interest. I would say. Gardens are a source of pleasure; a restful roaming for the eyes and all the  other senses.

Were I a travelling person still, at every point of my jaunts I would ask to visit lovely large world renown gardens.

Yet, my garden at home remains humble. A few ixoras, bougainvilleas, caricatures, dinner plates, spider lilies, Caladium (which the rainy season excites), plumerias, pinwheel jasmines, crown of thorns, bachelor buttons,  chinese bamboo, and a lot of green and varieagated green plants.

I should be more brisk at tending my garden since i find flowers so delightful. But i am a lazy retiree. I remember in high school being a part of a rose garden planting project. That one is etched in my memory. What more does my garden need? Hmm in the words of  Katherine Riegel  I’d like, too, to plant the sweet alyssum that smells like honey and peace.

WHAT MORE © gillena cox 2022


 “I’d like, too, to plant the sweet alyssum that smells like honey and peace.” from the poem,
Welcome to Monday WRites # 362
Wishing all a happy September 
You've heard about the Monday Blues ❧✿❧well this is  Monday WRites  (musing on the definition here of rite, as any customary observance for eg the rite of afternoon tea). 

versesCopy this code, pin my button to your blog


❧✿❧
BLOG HOPPING TODAY WITHProsery: When it comes to Katherine Riegel



REVISIT

20 comments:

  1. Such a stunning rendition, Gillena! I too am fond of bougainvilleas! Thank you so much fot adding your voice to the prompt 💘💘

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lush description where laziness fits well, but really just means calm appréciation. Lovely writing Gillena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you dropped by Ain

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent use of the prompt. Your words carried me to both the gardens mentioned and yours. Your prose has a smooth flow to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great with the prompt, your write brings memories. We too travel, when convenient we visit the gardens. I can't say which is the best, Sidney, Australia was most memorable.
    We've been to Grenada, and Barbados and to The Kew Gardens in London.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden sounds magical compared to mine and you have me looking up some of those unfamiliar flowers. Love the way you incorporated the line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your appreciation Mish

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful write, Gillena! I love how you wove all the flowers into the story and then added a quote of one more! Very clever use of the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden sounds beautiful--and where better to be a bit lazy?
    Longwood Gardens is the big formal garden place to visit around here. It was home to the Dupont family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your appreciation Merril

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  11. You, my friend are are a "relaxed" retiree .... not lazy I am quite certain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh... but alyssum is one of the easiest flower I know to plant... next year maybe I will

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite line: "Gardens are a source of pleasure; a restful roaming for the eyes and all the other senses."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your appreciation Lili

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete