Monday, September 28, 2026

1454

Some Mornings

 Some mornings out in my backyard, i would sit in silence, in company with sky, sometimes bland, sometimes cloudy, waiting, watching for the sunrise.

There were many mornings the daymoon waited with me. I would look up without my glasses and view the fuzzy daymoon, my faithful companion.

Then a few years ago, i had cataract surgery to both my eyes. Now my daymoon vision is enhanced


without eye glasses -

daymoon in the early sky 

the clear sharp outlines

© gillena cox 2026


Blog Hopping Today With


REVISIT
20260928
20210929
20200928

12 comments:

  1. A fellow cataract poet, Gillena, I empathise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I joined the right club! An elegant write, Gillena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your appreciation, Frank

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful haibun, Gillena! I like your new profile pic. So pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done, Gillena! Cataract surgery does make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can vouch for your elation Gillena. Hank had cataract surgery for both eyes long ago . What a relief and what a blessing!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a daymoon - I am glad you can see it again - Jae

    ReplyDelete