Tuesday, February 7, 2023

1011

[image from google]

 INHALE 

The morning air i chance to breathe

For such is destiny

A night now gone and sleep to ease

Oh breeze blown hastily


I've found today a gift so rare

Unwrapped is life anew

The slate of yesterday not bare

I add now words a few


What greater gift than just to be

To wonder or to sigh

The greatest part of being me

Is gratitude oh  my


In this my empty nested life

A bird song weed or cloud

Are much to be and without strife

And i can sing out loud

 INHALE  © gillena cox 2023


BLOG HOPPING TODAY WITH


12 comments:

  1. Nicely done, Gillena, the gift of life! These lines are so true:
    ‘What greater gift than just to be
    To wonder or to sigh’

    and sing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your appreviayion Kim.

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  3. "What greater gift than just to be...." So true. I think my poem says somewhat the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Gillena, I agree with you: sometimes to simply be is the greatest joy. Beautiful words ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful words of gratitude, Gillena...like the bird's song! Lovely watercolor art too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your appreciation Lynn. The watercolour art is from google.com☺

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  7. The greatest part of being me
    Is gratitude oh my

    You've touched on the lifeline, Gillena! The greatest gift is without doubt an acknowledgment of good done for us.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I've found today a gift so rare / Unwrapped is life anew" A beautiful phrase. I can feel the appreciation for LIFE in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your appreciation Mish.

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete