Friday, March 11, 2016

205

[a google dot com image]


WINGED ODYSSEY
I do not envy
Them, who defy gravity
Yet, were i able
I would relable,
My feet to fly
My hands to try
Greeting moon maiden and martian
Where in persimmons grow a garden
When thunder clap, serious in storm
Challenges me, there to carry on.
WINGED ODYSSEY © gillena cox 2016

Written for grapeling's prompt at
Get Listed, Equinox Edition, featuring Leonard Cohen
Imaginary Garden With Real Toads
Challenged to select 3 or more words (or reasonable variants) from a given list and post a new poem
I chose gravity. able. storm


16 comments:

  1. When thunder clap, serious in storm
    Challenges me, there to carry on.

    Yes, when challenged, stamp one's authority and create a sensation. Others must know one is serious about matters! Great lines Gillena!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Hank

      Much love...

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy the idea of relabeling one's body parts to do new things! Excellent poem, Gillena.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your your appreciation Hannah

      Much love...

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the thoughts defying gravity...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in to read mine Bjorn

      Much love...

      Delete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this section:

    "Yet, were i able
    I would relable,
    My feet to fly
    My hands to try
    Greeting moon maiden and martian
    Where in persimmons grow a garden
    When thunder clap"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to have a place to escape too, especially with persimmons--bitter sweet. Thanks. k.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy you dropped in to read mine K

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed this poem, Gillena. There is delight in the contemplation of what one would do with the ability to fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Kerry

      Much love...

      Delete
  8. I too loved that persimmon garden - something magical here. thank you for adding your voice, Gillena ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in to read mine grapeling

      much love...

      Delete