Monday, May 29, 2023

1052


 

BLOG HOPPING TODAY WITH

Quadrille: pass the pepper please 


HOT LIKE HELL

Someone picked peppers by peck. 

So i read a long time ago. 

That's quite a mouth full of peppers to speak. 

I wonder, 

Were there any scorpion peppers in that peck.

Here in Trinidad and Tobago, it is those brave, who would taste it. 

© gillena cox 2023


AND




REVISIT


THIS IS MONDAY WRITES 397
Hope You Had A Happy Month of May.
You've heard about the Monday Blues 
well this is Monday WRites  (musing on the definition here of rite, as any customary observance for eg the rite of afternoon tea). 
verses

❧✿❧
The Trinidad Moruga scorpion (Capsicum chinense) is a chili pepper native to the village of Moruga, Trinidad and Tobago. In 2012, New Mexico State University's Chile Pepper Institute identified the Trinidad Moruga scorpion as the hottest chili at that time, with heat of 1.2 million Scoville heat units (SHUs).
[ info from the internet]


27 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Love the colorful images. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by Eileen.
    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun twist on the tongue twister, Gillena! My sensitive digestive system couldn't cope with any peppers, let alone a mouthful! And what on earth are scorpion peppers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Kim. I have added an image and some info from the internet

      Much💖love

      Delete
  4. i like some spice but those chillies sound to much for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I would love to taste the Scorpio pepper, Gillena! A fun write. Thanks for joining in. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy you dropped by Punam

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ate one once, ages ago; haven't (ie can't) forget. Like your quad: unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like spicy food, but NO WAY would I ever try one of those crazy peppers!

    Well written, Gillena.

    Much love,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. 😁 thanks for dropping by David

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good one. No they were all pickled! Like some folks on Memorial Day here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In your words, the Scorpion Pepper dances,
    Its intensity ignites taste bud romances.
    Fearless souls embracing its fiery reign,
    Culinary explorers push limits, unchain.
    Reminder to embrace bold flavors' allure,
    Seek new experiences, tastes pure.
    Thanks for inspiring flavorful quests,
    Where excitement, exhilaration manifest.

    Word count - 44
    👍👏👌😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your appreciation Pankaj
    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd eat it if you made it. It was told to me as a tongue twister, I don't think I ever read it.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Scorpion peppers sound really fierce!

    Like Jim, I remember being taught to recite 'Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper ' etc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for dropping by Rosemary

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love peppers but I couldn't handle a hot pepper! Happy week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy you dropped by Diane

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  18. How wonderful! We got a great quadrille ... and learned something as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for your appreciation Helen

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think probably not, too hot by the sounds of it. I'm a scorpio. so I wonder as a chilli lover - would I like a scorpion pepper, hmmm, I'd give it it go :)

    ReplyDelete