Monday, November 14, 2022

986

[in this ixora mosaic -ixora flowers and fruit - from my garden]

IXORAS NEAR THE WALL

Morning prayer,

A withered indigo sky

Backdrops my breath.


To spruce up my vision,

I exclaim "a deer?"

Mists shadow imagination.


Disowning fetish

Of juniper berries,

Ixoras acclaimed


Near the wall.

Bright yellow, even before

Midmorning sunshine.

IXORAS NEAR THE WALL © gillena cox 2022


QUADRILLE - WINGED

Turning the corner,

Into the dusty lift of

Pigeons winging up,


Pink feet tucked under,

Loud flapping sounds,

What a nusiance


To people with bare faces!

Now that masks

Are casual wear. 


Do they care?

Those pigeons do

As they may.


They are pigeons. 

QUADRILLE - WINGED © gillena cox 2022


A Jigzone  puzzle to fit online, 6 pieces.

Click to Mix and Solve 
  
  REVISIT
20161114


BLOG HOPPING TODAY WITH 
THIS WEEK'S WORDS come from
 "Deer's Breath of Every Color" by Max Early: 


❧✿❧

Monday WRites # 371
You can add a Monday post [of any theme]
from your blog at my linky
 HAPPY NOVEMBER 
You've heard about the Monday Blues 
❧✿❧
well this is Monday WRites  (musing on the definition here of rite, as any customary observance for eg the rite of afternoon tea). 

versesCopy this code, pin my button to your blog



30 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see your post this Monday! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you dropped by Diane

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I can see those "pink feet tucked under." Wonderful!

      Delete
    2. Happy you dropped by De

      Much💛love

      Delete
  3. Love the way those pigeons don't really care...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s what I like about pigeons, Gillena, they just do their own thing! I love the way you describe the ‘dusty lift of / Pigeons winging up, / Pink feet tucked under’. That’s one thing I missed about travelling by train to visit my daughter: sitting at Liverpool Street Station, watching the pigeons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your appreciation Kim

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could hear those flapping sounds, a fun read! Enjoy your week!! 💝

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've caught the aura of pigeons exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you have an encounter with flying pigeons and walk away with only dust, you're blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The strutting care-for-nothing nature of the pigeon is highlighted her so beautifully. I enjoyed this quadrille.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your independent pigeons! You are right they do as they please most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pigeons here are such a nuisance, Gillena. You caught their attitude perfectly. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your appreciation Punam

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun poem and kudos to your gardening skills, great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your appreciation Dora

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your appreciation Linda

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the detail of the "pink feet tucked under". 💙

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your appreciation Merril

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful poem, Gillena! And thank you being part of MosaicMonday with your fantastic Mosaic.

    Sorry ... I`m late with my comment. Why? It`s difficult to write on the handy, therefore I must take the great computer.

    Hugs by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy you dropped by Heidrun

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete