Tuesday, June 12, 2018

568


FREEDOM: THE BEST KIND
Clouds drift, hugh and white in their puffiness. Sometimes i wonder of their weight and texture. Even though i think of cotton candy at a village fair, but not for its sweetness.

I did promise myself, i would write a haiku a day on my retirement. I would sit in my gallery gazing at the clouds sometimes pink, sometimes yellow, sometimes blue. As morning shapes herself, urged on by bird songs.

I did write a haiku a day, in that phenomenal space, but just for a while. Then i lapsed in sometimes and then a few days went by without the haiku muse's whispers. But its all good. I now write in the freedom of the moment. Those were the good old internet slow, days, when my imac was bondi coloured and oh so cute. Later my Dell with its CD pull out drawer came into my life.

Still with my Acer, I write and share, anytime of day or night. Retirement is not having to put the alarm bell on, not having to go to sleep to wake up to go to work. Its the best kind of freedom, believe me.

a butterfly
scallops its peculiar paths
wildflowers sway
FREEDOM: THE BEST KIND © gillena cox 2018


Blog hopping today with

Haibun Monday – Complexity of Freedom
Björn proms to write about freedom.

Revisit
...our freedom 2018
12 June 2017
Freedom celebrates... 2016

Enjoy the music

4 comments:

  1. The freedom to write the freedom not to write... I can see how retirement suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your appreciation Björn. Happy you dropped by to read mine

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you created a plan for your free time and then allowed yourself to become more spontaneous...the drifting clouds offer a lovely opening for your haibun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your appreciation Cedar

    Much♥️love

    ReplyDelete