Monday, January 16, 2017

Monday WRites 92


[image from google dot com]

HANGOVERS
Settling to new year is serious business
Again with those calendars, tsk tsk
Birthdays forgotten in the last year, revisit
Careful to pencil in, stars added
Time and timing is serious business
Wisps of mornings in hues pastel
Mirror year's beginning in dawn's stillness
Reflections are ribboned in oranges and gold
Like sun, dipping into pool of night's richness
What's not boxed away, like last year's Christmas
Perchance to be resolved, is serious business
HANGOVERS © gillena cox 2017

verses

Copy this code, pin my button to your blog

You've heard about the Monday Blues ❧✿❧ well this is Monday WRites (musing on the definition here of rite, as any customary observance or practice eg the rite of afternoon tea).
Welcome to Monday WRites #92, ❧✿❧ What's your mood like today ❧✿❧ I invite you to link in with one of your WRites



Will Link to
Imaginary Garden With Real Toads
The Tuesday Platform
Its open mic on Tuesdays



❧✿❧


15 comments:

  1. Wonderfully deep! Indeed, it takes courage to step into New Year and embrace all that's in store before us. Let us hope and pray for a brighter future.๐Ÿธ

    Happy Monday, Gillena ๐Ÿ’–


    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday Sanaa. Thanks for linking in
    ๐Ÿ’–
    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning, Gillena! I finally made it. If I missed the idea of the prompt or something let me know but I think this is about posting whatever your mood tells you to on a Monday. WRight?

    Love your poem! Stop and smell the flowers. I am not wasting my calendar days anymore if I can help it.

    I've been having a hard time keeping up with the groups we write with lately. Life just gets you busy sometimes. I'm still writing though it might be hit and miss for awhile. So happy to post here today! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and to link in Bekkie

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I already missed the bus for careful planning in the new year..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Kerry

      ๐ŸŒธ

      much love...

      Delete
  6. I felt like my agenda was filled from day 1... to busy to plan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Bjรถrn

      ๐ŸŒธ

      much love

      Delete
  7. Sooo true, Gillena. I just looked at my daily planner and laughed. While I was at the hospital today, I spent quite a bit of time promising myself that I would not be as forgetful (about some things) as I was last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep well Magaly. Thanks for dropping by

      ๐ŸŒธ

      much love

      Delete
  8. Remembering others, especially for BDays and year end holidays is very important for cultivating relationships. I have been wishing Happy New Year for Facebook friends who might ne wondering why I didn't return the wish.
    So I am leaving them this message:
    "Happy 2017 for you guys!!!
    We were in Uruguay (Montevideo) on Jan 1.
    Trying to catch up with the World now, it moves fast, gone cruising from Dec 4 until Jan 5."
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sounds good. Jim thanks for dropping by

      ๐ŸŒธ

      much love

      Delete
  9. Boxing up and gathering a deep breath for the new year... Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you dropped by Margaret

      ๐ŸŒธ

      much love...

      Delete
  10. Careful to pencil in, stars added
    Time and timing is serious business

    Time management and new year resolutions seem to go hand in hand. But the seriousness of having done them have been taken lightly by most people!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete