Monday, October 24, 2016

Monday WRites 80


[image from google dot com]

BRAND NEW
Tell me Monday
Are you beginning
Are you playing second fiddle
Do you even care

Says Monday:
Like it or not here i come
With my blues
My weekend hang overs
And unfinished homework

Tardy last minute finishers
Fresh spruce starters
Here we-go-again yawners
All this, and more I am

Monday -
Of the "new" work week
Of the "new" school week
Sunday's rest is over!
BRAND NEW © gillena cox 2016



You've heard about the Monday Blues ❧✿❧ well this is Monday WRites (musing on the definition here of rite, as any customary observance or practice eg the rite of afternoon tea).
Welcome to Monday WRites #80, ❧✿❧ What's your mood like today ❧✿❧ I invite you to link in with one of your WRites ❧✿❧ BRAND NEW is written in imitation of ‘Answer July’ by Emily Dickinson, if you would like to read more poems in this style click here



verses


11 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Gillena. You followed your form poem, Emily’s ‘Answer July’, very nicely. It was as very good idea.
    I hadn't realized that you are "in school". Teaching or studying? Or in your "poet's" muse realm" A specialty?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Jim i'm in my poet's hobby realm, retired library assistant, never taught a day in my life.
      Glad some issues in the poem sparked your interest Jim

      much love...

      Delete
  2. Yep, for those still tied to work or school Monday is the beginning of a long week. Nice job Gillena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, Monday is usually slow and bears the hangover of a long and fabulous weekend! Beautifully executed.


    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in and linking up Sanaa

      much love...

      Delete
  4. Appropriate that today IS Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete


  5. I remember that 'I don't like Mondays' feeling. Now I'm retired I just say, 'Bring it on!' I love your take on the Dickinson poem, Gillena!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how we bemoan Monday...It is brand new, we tarnish it with complaining. Love this!

    ReplyDelete