Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday WRites 18

image from google dot com

You've heard about the Monday Blues ❧✿❧ well this is Monday WRites ( musing on the definition here of rite, as any customary observance or practice eg the rite of afternoon tea ).
Welcome to Monday WRites #18, my poem today is a FOLD read more about this form here ; whats your mood today ❧✿❧ I invite you to link in with one of your WRites


SmileyCentral.com


CLOSING IN
the walls are closing in, closing in, closing in
if love is a given, an age old given, then why, oh why
this noise increasing, to a din, a din, a din
i fear; with a holy fear, a holy fear, holy fear
while the walls, keep closing in, closing in, closing in
wisdom threads on quiet wearied feet, beautiful feet,
and i know, yes i know, only truth in this war will win,
a battle waged, eons, eons ago; the prize - of souls
for this be comforted, he died, for redeeming of sin
so i wait in faith, for that grace, to completely unfold
yet, still, the walls are closing in, closing in, closing in
© gillena cox 2015





GRAB MY BUTTON

verses



Will Link this to Tuesday Platform
Imaginary Garden With Real Toads


22 comments:

  1. I loved this form! Quite intriguing :D
    Well penned!

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written!
    Have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your repetition is very effective in creating a particular mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in and for linking up Rosemary

      much love...

      Delete
  4. The claustrophobia of being shut in is really effective with repetions - yet there seems to be a savior

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha! thanks for your appreciation Bjorn

      much love...

      Delete
  5. The promise of hope within all that constriction, blooming like a flower in concrete - very nice feel to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your appreciation Rommy

      much love...

      Delete
  6. You have maintained a heavy, pounding, heartbeat rhythm that suits your subject.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Repetitions tend to keep one in contact with the feel of the poem more than otherwise. It keeps one in line with the mood without a guessing game playing at the back of the mind. Wonderful new form Gillena!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can feel the pressure of the walls closing in, and the reaching for faith.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your appreciation Sherry

      Much love...

      Delete
  9. You have achieved a kind of reverberation here which is most unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your appreciation Kerry

      much love...

      Delete
  10. Hi Gillena ~~ This one I can relate too. Just wonderful
    Do you remember (perhaps you weren't even born when it was a hit) the old song, "They're coming to get me?" It went:
    "They're coming to get me, coming to get me, coming to get me, coming to get me, coming to get me, coming to get me, coming to get me, coming to get me.

    They're coming to get me thought I was ready for the fame that I've got
    They've coming to get me thought I was ready for the fame but I'm not
    more ..."

    Professor Green - Coming To Get Me Lyrics | MetroLyrics
    I liked that one, I could relate to it also
    ..
    p.s. I like the song, "Our God Reigns" a lot also.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your appreciation Jim

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. thanks Marian. I will try to post it to one of those voice places

      Much love...

      Delete