Puff Of Dust
A sun shinning,
as bright as a yolk
And honey
sweet of the comb drips
Into this day walking
the Farmer Gray
Such was the temper
of this particular path
Suddenly rising
a puff of dust
Result of the tractor's
rumbling wheels
chug chugging.
© gillena cox 2026


Gillena, love the sensory vitality in this. The summer dust of tractors against all of that beauty and heat.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your appreciation, Lisa
ReplyDeleteMuch love
Awesome Gillena, I could almost hear the tractor by the end. The "chug chugging" gives the poem a nice audible finish, and I like how quietly the whole scene unfolds.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your appreciation, Cara
ReplyDeleteMuch love
What a wonderful vignette! You took me right there.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your appreciation, Rosemary
DeleteMuch love
Love the image....
ReplyDeleteThanks for your appreciation, Björn
DeleteMuch love
An authentic rural scene with a sunny yolk and a chugging tractor...a lovely quadrille, Gillena!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your appreciation, Lynn
DeleteMuch love
I can picture this scene so well, Gillena! 💙
ReplyDeleteThanks for your appreciation, Merril
DeleteMuch love
A nice one, Gillena. Those tires do kick up some dust!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your appreciation, Dwight
ReplyDeleteMuch love
Gillena, I love how the tractor’s “chug chugging” suddenly fills the sweet, sunny day with life and a puff of dust.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com
Thanks for your appreciation, David
ReplyDeleteMuch love
Love the imagery, Gillena!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your appreciation, Sara
ReplyDeleteMuch love